Warning Sign Analysis of Traffic Sign Data-Set Using Supervised Spiking Neuron Technique

 
 
 
  • Abstract
  • Keywords
  • References
  • PDF
  • Abstract


    In this paper, two types of conditions have been applied to analyze the performance of SNN towards usable traffic sign, which are hidden region and rotational effect. There are 20 warning traffic signs being focused on where there are regularly seen around Malacca area. These traffic sign needed to be embedded in this system as a databased to counter the output for mean error and recognition process for both conditions applied. Early hypothesis was design as the mean error and recognition process will degraded its performance as more intrusion get introduced in the system. For hidden region, the values show a critically rising error value at 62.5% = 0.123. While for mean error rotational effect, the values show an increasing abruptly for error value between 80 ̊ to 90 ̊ with 0.087% to 0.130%. For recognition process at 6.25% hidden region, 100% of images are correctly matchup to its own image. At 50% of hidden region, there is only 10% of image that able to be recognize while at 56.25% and 62.5% are leaving to outperform. At 10 ̊ rotation, 100% of images are perfectly recognized to its own image. At 60%, there is 30% of image able to recognize leaving others at 70%, 80% and 90% degrees rotation of images were outperformed. In view of element occasion driven handling, they open up new skylines for creating models with a colossal sum limit of recollecting and a solid capacity to quick adjustment. SNNs include another component, the transient hub, to the representation limit and the handling capacities of neural systems.

     


  • Keywords


    detection; hidden region; mean error; rotation; recognition; SNN; traffic sign.

  • References


      [1] B. Krose and P. van der Smagt, “An Introduction to Neural Networks,” Networks, vol. 1, no. November, 1995.

      [2] J. Vreeken, “Spiking neural networks , an introduction,” Computing, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 1–5, 2002.

      [3] W. Maass, “Liquid State Machines: Motivation, Theory, and Applications,” Comput. Context Comput. Log. Real World, pp. 275–296, 2010.

      [4] H. Soleimani, A. Ahmadi, and M. Bavandpour, “C,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I Regul. Pap., vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 2991–3004, 2012.

      [5] B. Meftah, O. Lézoray, S. Chaturvedi, A. A. Khurshid, and A. Benyettou, “Image processing with spiking neuron networks,” Stud. Comput. Intell., vol. 427, pp. 525–544, 2013.

      [6] N Mohd Ali, MS Karis, SA Ahmad Tarusan, Gao-Jie Wong, MS Mohd Aras, MB Bahar, AF Zainal Abidin, “Inspection and Quality Checking of Ceramic Cup using Machine Vision Technique: Design and Analysis”, Jurnal Teknologi, pp. 33-38, 2017.

      [7] N Mohd Ali, MS Karis, NM Mohd Sobran, MB Bahar, Oh Kok Ken, M Mat Ibrahim, NF Johan, “Detection of Multiple Mangoes using Histogram of Oriented Gradient Technique in Aerial Monitoring”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, pp. 2730-2736, 2017.

      [8] MS Karis, N Mohd Ali, A Mohd Basar, HI Jaafar, AF Zainal Abidin, “An Analysis on out-of-plane Face Detection among Female Student and Illumination effects using SIFT and SUFT”, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2016.

      [9] MS Karis, N Mohd Ali, WH Mohd Saad, AF Zainal Abidin, N Ismaun, M Abd Aziz, “Performance Analysis between Keypoints of SURF and Skin Colour YCBCR based Technique for Face Detection among Final Year UTeM Male Student”, pp. 65-69, Jurnal Teknologi, 2017.

      [10] N Mohd Ali, MS Karis, AF Zainal Abidin, B Bakri, NR Abd Razif, “Traffic Sign Detection and Recognition: Review and Analysis”, pp. 107-113, Jurnal Teknologi, 2017.


 

View

Download

Article ID: 16898
 
DOI: 10.14419/ijet.v7i3.14.16898




Copyright © 2012-2015 Science Publishing Corporation Inc. All rights reserved.